Pirate Run 2020
Reluctantly, we have to inform you that Bude Pirate Run that was planned for Sunday 13th September 2020 has been CANCELLED.
The Bude Rats committee looked at all the options. With racing already cancelled by English Athletics to the end of July and social distancing still very much part of everyday life, it was felt that we could not be confident that the race could take place in September/October.
There is no way we can race on the Coast Path with any form of social distancing and it is hard to see that restriction being abandoned by early September. We decided it was better to cancel now rather than open entries and have to cancel and process refunds later.
We considered whether to cancel or defer the race but decided realistically that cancelling was the only option. This was for two reasons. Firstly the difficult terrain on the section of the coast path we use can be very challenging both in terms of mud and the weather, especially later in the year and safety wise we felt it was not realistic. Secondly there is likely to be considerable fixture congestion later in the year and we felt that it was better to avoid this by cancelling for 2020. We hope to come back better than ever in 2021.
Race Director Bude Pirate Run
Details of the route can be found here —-> Route-Map
3D view of the route can be found here—> https://www.relive.cc/view/1538174672
Pirate Run 2019 Results here –> Bude Pirate – 2019 Results
Results for 2018 Race can be found here – Bude Pirate Run Results – 2018